Big numbers out today, nothing like the 40s BRR used to bring in years past, but decent none the less. Sounds like all 20 nailed the suggested workout;
- 2 mile warm up
- 5 minutes at 10k pace, 2:30 off
- 4 mins, 2 off
- 3 mins, 1:30 off
- 2 mins, 1 off
- 1 min
- take it home
I’m overwhelmed with the response to these workouts I’ve been suggesting the last couple of months. Just a few snippets;
Foul Ball, because of you I’ve shaved 4 seconds off my 5k PR. I’m down to 29:57! #sub30 -Subway
The tempo workouts have given my man the most shapely tooshie out there! – M Horn
30 seconds on, 30 seconds off is cool and stuff. Totes rad. – Boy Scout
This is stupid. The Muthaship is all you need. Fck you and your nerd friends. – Cindy
The Art of Manliness
- Crisco up your neck and upper shoulders. No butter. No Margarine. Crisco.
- You want a line that is exactly 6 inches from your adam’s apple. It’s best to duct tape a string with a small sharpie at the end to get a symmetrical line from chest bone to collar bone.
- 2 part bourbon, no parts ice
- Repeat #3
- Shave down from your adam’s apple to the marked line in slow even strokes
- Rock the chest bib
Happy birthday Checkpoint and Boy Scout. I hope you find yourselves face down at Selwyn Pub this evening.