I’ve always said that F3 is nothing more than men acting like boys while they can get away with it before the sun comes up. And what better way to a boy’s heart than through some ice cream. We are almost to month 6 of Fortitude. We started out with some ice cream leading up to the launch. A lot of the original shelter guests who came out have moved on. Thanks to the support of the F3 Foundation we held another one last night to engage a new group. Thanks to the Pax who came out and participated (Disney, Freeloader, Franzia, Gridlock, Monkey Feet, Oatmeal, Orlando, Papillon, Stogie, Thrust, Slaughter, Pipeline). Because of it we had 5 FNGs and 6 returning champs.
What we did…
- Mosey to my favorite, the Autobell field with uptown view. COP With SSH, IW, Windmill, Good Morning, Merkins, Carolina Dry docks, Squats, LBC’s, and lunge.
- Partner up with a man you don’t know. Split the street. Meet int he middle 5 times. 5 partner derkins each at each meeting. 10 deep squats at each end.
- Mary to wait.
- Last to first loops. Run the block. When the first guy gets all of the way around the block, he goes back, everyone turns around and heads the opposite direction when the group gets to you. The last guy becomes the first guy.
- Plank to rest. Repeato.
- Back to the side lot for partner sit-ups, partner derkins, the dolly, Rosalita, merkins, and Superman
- Mosey back to the main lot.
- COT, group picture, refreshments, FNG shirt presentations.
There were jokes. Three of them to be exact. A brand new one and a couple of classics. I’m pretty sure it was the highlight of the morning.
Great FNG presence this morning. Chaser says he likes to chase women, S&S is from Rochester and Charleston (Sand and snow), Pearl has a great smile (OZ picked that one), Triple Down likes the Detroit Lions for some reason and since Double Down was wearing a Lions shirt.., Merkury can run.
Great to see Redgrave back after a long injury today.
Thanks to everyone who helps make this workout happen. From the dedicated work of Pipeline to lead this thing up and be a constant cheerleader, to Jedi and Gridlock providing the after workout refreshments, to everyone who supports the workout through showing up, Qing, donating clothes and shoes, etc. You are helping to make a difference in someone’s life who need a little motivation. A little pick-me-up.
Probably the thing that made my week. We had some guys who were really happy to be included today. As I handed an FNG his official F3 Fortitude shirt after COT, he asked me “So, I’m in?” I said yeah, you’re in. And the look on his face. Man, the look on his face.
- We are having another Ice Cream social at the other Men’s Shelter Campus next Monday. We hope you can make it. 7:15 at 3410 Statesville Ave. Charlotte
- We always need more clothing and shoe donations. You can bring them by the 1210 N. Tryon St. location at anytime. Or git them to me or Pipeline or one of the regulars.
- We need Qs!! SIGN UP HERE
- Lunge Walk on Saturday (9/9) to support Good Soles, a non-profit started by Charlotteean Jeremy Coffey that purchases and donates steel-toed work boots to Men at the Men’s Shelter. Lunge walk (or walk) 1 mile from Shelter to NoDa Brewery for celebration and Band and Brew. Entry fee is a pair of work boots or equivalent cost ($25). https://www.eventbrite.com/o/good-soles-14610751309
- #GivetoGive If you want to keep it, give it away
Until next time.