On Saturday November 11, SPEED FOR NEED and F3 Nation will be pushing the most riders ever in one day! 20 WW2 veterans (95-102yrs old) will be honored on Veterans Day, along with kids and others without the ability to run themselves will be joining us to run the Charlotte Marathon Relay.
For those who don’t know, the marathon relay is a 5 leg relay race covering the entire 26.2 mile marathon course. The legs are ~4 to ~6 miles long and have fixed transition areas along the course.
SPEED FOR NEED will start off the race with a Rider in each of the 4 Chariots and at each transition will change runners and riders. The initial teams have been set and captained by Bratwurst, Dredd, Subway, and Alf. In some cases other relay teams or single runners will be running along side the SPEED FOR NEED racing chairs. All are welcome to sign up and join. We expect each of the chairs will be moving at different paces as well.
You don’t want to miss Charlotte’s biggest day of racing and the biggest day for SPEED FOR NEED participants. If you need some inspiration watch a few of the epic Youtube videos posted of past races and events:
How can you support?
- Run with us (form your own team, or we’ll help steer you to unfilled teams)
- Run with us and carry a shovel flag
- Cheer us on from the sidelines
- Give the kids a high five as we pass and let them know how awesome they are
- Thank our Veteran riders for their service to this country on Veterans Day
- Bring friends, family and other F3 brothers to run or cheer
- Send JRR Tolkien or Scabby names of kids in your community who can participate as riders in this or other events.
Sign up and official event details here: http://runcharlotte.com
(Thanks Alf for putting this preblast together, and everyone else helping make this event happen!)