Eleven men didn’t let a few raindrops prevent them from crushing Diamondhead this morning. Belk must have misplaced his galoshes as he was a quick hard commit last night, but a no show this morning.
Mosey to the Bulldog Temple for COP:
- SSHs x??, 20 KB Swings
- IWs x20, 20 KB Swings
- Copperhead Squats x20, 20 KB Swings
- Mountain Climbers x20, 20 KB Swings
- Dollies x20
Partner up for Farmer Carries. P1 carries bells around the loop…down the stairs through the lot and back up sidewalk between rails. P2 performs called exercise and then Flapjack for two rounds.
- Round 1: Merkins
- Round 2: Squats
Tabata (4 minutes each round with 40 seconds work, 20 seconds rest per minute):
- Round 1: KB Swings, Hand Release Merkins
- Round 2: Lunge w/ KB Press left leg, right arm, for first two rounds, then Lunge left/right leg holding KB for last two rounds
- Round 3: Lawn Mower Right/Left (switch arms each round)
- Round 4: Clean/Squat/Press Right then Left (switch arms each round)
- Round 5: People’s Chair with Press, Sumo Squats
- I actually planned a great workout on the field for this morning, but after checking the forecast late last night, decided to create a “Rainy Day Backup Plan” just in case. It was barely sprinkling when we arrived and the choice was up to the Pax. When given their options, Mr. Green was quick to respond “Field” and I was glad to see this stalwart group was ready to brave the elements. However, after I reconfirmed, Mr. G told me, “I said ‘Field???’ “, oh well…off to the Bulldog Temple for Plan B.
- I’ve been to three funerals in just two months and believe we need to celebrate the lives of those who are taken away too early. Since I knew we’d need some music if we ended up with Plan B, I thought it would be good to honor a few of the great performers we lost in 2017. I’m no music expert as Rev Flo-Rida knows my preference for NPR, but Mr. Green seemed to approve of Soundgarden and Hüsker Dü…playlist below.
- My goal this morning was keep things moving the entire time and increase the anaerobic intensity. Great job by the Pax this morning…I’m starting to feel it this afternoon.
- Not much to report this morning, other than Keefer’s big 30th boondoggle on Saturday. Only 10 more years before you drop another “hate”!
- Billingsville tutoring is happening every Tuesday at 4:30 and AG mentoring will start in early November (5pm on Thursdays).
- Rev has the Q next week, which will be Halloween Eve. Could be interesting…
Always an honor to lead the fine men of Diamondhead!
Playlist (A few of many musicians we lost in 2017):
- Chuck Berry, 90: Johnny B. Goode, Roll Over Beethoven
- Gregg Allman, 69, of The Allman Brothers: Midnight Rider, Ramblin’ Man
- Tom Petty, 66: Refugee, I Won’t Back Down
- Grant Hart, 56, of Hüsker Dü: Something I Learned Today, Makes No Sense at All
- Gordon Downie, 53, of The Tragically Hip: The Drop-Off, The Lonely End of the Rink
- Chris Connell, 52, of Soundgarden: Spoonman, My Wave
- Chester Bennington, 41, of Linkin Park: Numb, In The End