Pick your partner early. WWE Smackdown is on while I write this, and though not the WCW that I (&many of you) grew up with on Saturday mornings, it does provide some entertainment.
Big Worm and Newport did a Hawk and Animal special this morning (google them). Lesson learned on this — it ends up being a harder workout. Worm focused on 23.5 mins, and Newport did the same. Good math – it got into overtime, and that was not the only thing that made it a burner. Monday night there was an agreement that Worm would do legs and Newport would do arms. No specific reason. Focus is key in all things we do, and this was micro-proof.
Here is the “thang” in summary fashion, audit if you want & if you remember:
Big Worm opens in the ring, minimal chit chat.
COP in nice new paved light on backside of Trinity
- SSH x 25
- Merkins X 15
- Mountain Climbers (MCs) X 20
- 10 burpees OYO
Mosey to back area of St. Gab’s lot by basketball court, partner up:
- Partner 1 does 50 MCs while Partner lunge walks, once done sprint to partner and switch, so Partner 2 does 50 MCs and Partner 1 does lunge walks. Keep it going until at the end of pavement.
- Sprint up the hill
- At top of hill, Partner 1 does lunges with opposite foot on bar, while Partner 2 runs downhill to fence and back up – 2X per.
- Do some mary with flutters and rosalita’s
- Next, Partner 1 does 30 squats while Partner 2 runs to bottom of hill and runs backward all the way up the hill. 1X per.
Barely make it to the corner, tag out to Newport.
- Run to Hot Box, grab one brick per arm.
- Run down Sharon Amity, stop half mile down on opposite side and do series of balls to wall, wall sits and shoulder stuff. Did this for multiple sets. Presses, delt front raises, delt side raises.
- Cross street with bricks and do series of merkins until few could do more. Merkin wheel kinda thang.
- Run with bricks to bars in front of Eddie’s Place, do dips and pull ups.
- Come back to Hot Box and return brinks.
Fast pace back to Trinity Lot for COT.
- Q’s noted this was tougher than expected, would be interested in how the Pax felt on it. Theory is that with only 23 mins of focus, each Q tried to hit it hard in that time frame. And it didn’t feel like we ran far though someone did quote 3.2 miles.
- Great group out there this morning – wrestling parallel identities for each are . . .
- Field of Dreams = Brett “The Hitman” Hart, Madras = John Cena, Chowda = Stone Cold Steve Austin, Boba Fett = Randy “Macho Man”Savage, Ruby = Kurt Angle, Snowden = Randy Orton, Level 10 = Edge, Sea World = Chris Jericho, Panda = Triple H, Beaker = Sting , Scully = Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Carrier = The Undertaker, Grizz = Mick Foley, Big Worm = Hawk, Newport = Animal. Battle Royale it was.
- Fine print:
- We did not move trees, though all trees in that yard were gone this week.
- Newport can do merkins all morning long – it looks like a plank with a head nod, like a guy planning for a marathon of merkins prior to doing number 10.
- Always say a prayer for our brothers.
- Donate money for turkeys via the website.
- Billingsville is in progress.
- MIP this Saturday. There is a good group planning to go – Sat at 9am ET.
- Convergence for Thanksgiving at AG. You can hit Turkey Trot after it.
- Panda has Q next week a.k.a. Triple H.
In a world of distractions, single mindedness is the skill.