23 motivated men came out for Metro’s best Saturday workout to better themselves. Here’s what we did.
- Mosey down past the gym and baseball field to the lot near the mobile classrooms for COP. SSH x 20 IC, Merkins X 10 IC and hold, Mountain Climbers X 10 IC
- Mosey down the hill to the bottom playground for 7’s. Pull ups and then across the entire field and up to the road for burpees
- Mary while waiting on the 6
- Mosey over to Michael Baker bridge for 20 dips IC and 10 derkins IC
- Run up Michael Baker to Selwyn stopping at two intersections and at Selwyn for 10 sumo jump squats at each and mosey back to the bottom. Repeat with 10 hand release merkins at each stop, back to bottom, and then a 3rd round with 10 wide arms at each stop and stay at Selwyn. Mary while waiting on the 6.
- Mosey down Selwyn and turn left on Brandywine, then right on Hillsdale. At the bottom of Hillsdale, 10 merkins. Run up to the crest of the hill for 10 hand release merkins. Run to bottom of other side for 10 knee ups. Back up to the crest for 10 more hand release merkins and back down to bottom of the Hillsdale. Repeat twice for a total of 3 rounds of over and back. Mary while waiting on the 6.
- Mosey over to Colony and hang a right on Arcadia. Partner up at the bottom. Partner A runs to the top of Arcadia and back down. Partner B runs to the end of the cul-de-sac and back. When you meet, 20 hand slap merkins. Each partner goes in each direction twice for 2 complete rounds. Mary while waiting on the 6.
- Backwards run to the top of Arcadia
- AYG back to school lot with 10 sumo jump squats at each road hump and intersection.
Pretty solid numbers for my virgin Q at Mustang. Been to this workout countless times, but never had the honor to lead. This AO has so many great options. YHC got off to a rough start with a random voice crack during merkin cadence at COP. I was hoping maybe puberty might be happening again and I might regrow some hair, but no such luck yet. Really wanted to work in some pull ups, so thought the 7’s at the playground would be a good way to start the morning. Had a few that elected to not run all the way to the top of the hill for the burpees and instead veered to the left and did their burpees near the fence. From what I could tell, all burpees were completed regardless of the location. Lee and Shawshank were pushing hard today and stayed out front pretty much the entire time. It appears to me that Shank’s ankle is not slowing him down at this point. The hill on Hillsdale did not seem very long or steep at first, but after all the hand release merkins, I was pretty much smoked. If Hillary had it his way, he would have just stayed on Hillsdale for mary the rest of the workout. Unfortunately, we had to get back to the school by some means. Arcadia seemed like a logical option before heading back home, but 80 hand slap merkins was completely brutal after all of the other forms of merkins that we had previously completed. Lee was even complaining, and I think he is a cyborg. I believe we did somewhere in the range of 270 merkins, and close to 5 miles. Heading back down Colony to the school, I had at first thought we would do 5 diamonds at each road hump and intersection, but decided to go with the sumo jump squats to prevent a complete workout mutiny. (#manymanymerkins)
Don’t forget the Turkey 10er donations, and the Thanksgiving Convergence at AG this Thursday at 7:00.
Thanks to Kit for a strong takeout, reminding us how blessed we are to be able to get out each morning with our brothers and push ourselves to be better. He also reminded us to take the energy and strength we get from our F3 brothers, and use it to make a difference in our communities. We so often forget just how fortunate we all are.
Thanks to Holtz for letting me have the keys for the morning.
Always an honor.