18 men gathered for another installment of P2W to kick off the new week. Mondays are often a day off for YHC, but if I do post, P2W is the frequent option, mixed in with The Phoenix. Some prefer one over the other, but both are solid AOs. My recent posts at P2W have gone to the Mutha, which is all good. Decided to go in a different direction this morning. Here’s what we did.
- Mosey out of the Dowd lot down Lexington and hang a right on Myrtle. Stop at the bottom of the hill at Templeton for 7s between Templeton and Mt. Vernon. Sumo jump squats at the bottom and burpees at the top.
- Plank and Mary waiting on the 6.
- Mosey back up Myrtle to Mt. Vernon for stacking merkin suicides. Heading down Mt. Vernon toward Dilworth Rd, stop at Lafayette for 10 merkins and back to Myrtle. Continue suicide heading to Carlton for 20 merkins and back, Lexington for 30 merkins and back, and finish at Dilworth Rd for 40 merkins and back to Myrtle. Mary waiting on the 6.
- Mosey up Myrtle to to Dilworth Elementary and partner up for some circuit work. Each partner completes 10 pull ups and 20 dips. Head out of the playground and over to Latta Park. Partners run completely around the park in opposite directions. When they meet, complete 20 hand slap merkins and 20 partner sit ups each. Complete the lap around the park and back to Dilworth playground.
- Continue to alternate between 10 pull ups and 20 dips while waiting on the 6.
- Head back to Dowd around 6:12 and arrive right at 6:15 for COT.
Solid work from a strong crew this morning. Lee and Dredd were out front quickly during the 7s. Dredd seemed to be coasting on the uphills. Before the 7s were complete, Slice, Caesar, and Checkpoint were chasing down Lee and Dredd with YHC close behind(#Myrtleisabitch). The stacking merkin suicides on Mt. Vernon didn’t seem like such a bad idea in theory, but it became very long by the end. Lee(#Cyborg) was again out front from the start, followed pretty closely by Slice, YHC, and Dredd. 100 merkins in short order. Had hoped for 2 rounds of the Latta Park circuit, but not enough time. Had a little confusion in the PAX on exactly where to run when completing the lap around the park. Might have been unfamiliar territory or just bad instructions from the Q. Probably the later. Good to see Federalist out this morning. Hillary was decked out in his power mittens this morning. He said the temperature was borderline mittens or no mittens. He chose mittens. Checkpoint was kind enough to loan Caesar an extra pair of gloves when he showed up without. We got started a little late waiting on Dougherty who arrived on one wheel at 5:29, and then completed a 7 point turn getting into his parking space.(#likeaglove) Logged about 4.4 miles, along with some solid exercises. Great to have Black Bear’s 17 year old 2.0, Charlie (now Golden Ticket), out this morning for his first post. Great work! Thanks to Black Bear for a strong takeout.
Thanks for the keys Gandalf. Always an honor.