28 Core men gave more than they received at this week’s edition of Achilles Last Stand, which also happened to be the kickoff of Core’s Annual “Twelve Q’s of Christmas”. This is a great opportunity for each Q to highlight a charitable cause during this holiday season.
A slow, slow mosey #norunning to the big lot for COP:
- SSH’s x20, 10 burpees on your own (OYO)
- IW’s x20, 9 burpees OYO
- Copperhead Squats x20, 8 burpees OYO
- Hand Release (HR) Merkins x20 #crowdpleaser, 7 burpees OYO
- Heels to Heaven x20, 6 burpees OYO
- Elbow Plank Jacks x20, 5 burpees OYO
- Alternating Lunges x20, 4 burpees OYO
- Dollies x20, 3 burpees OYO
- LBC’s x20, 2 burpees OYO
- ??? x20 #seniormoment, 1 burpee OYO
Lunge walk #norunning up the stairs to the new parking lot with very nice lines #likeNibbler
- Round 1 – line up on end of lot, bear crawl two parking spaces, 2 merkins, bear crawl 2 more spaces, 4 merkins…all the way to 10 merkins, plank for the 6
- Round 2 – line up on other end of lot, lunge walk 3 spaces, 3 jump squats…continue 3+3 pattern finishing with 15 jump squats, plank for the 6
Head to the rails for rail walk over and bear crawl under #nomishaps until all Pax made one trip. Air squats while you wait.
Walk down the sidewalk #norunning to the top of hill behind the fence and bear crawl (head first Grapevine!) down the hill to the Selwyn wall. People’s chair for at least 3 minutes with two sets of air presses x20, and some one legged time as well
Walk to the big lot and crab walk #norunning across lot and plank for the 6. High knees #notarun to the rails at AG for 11’s with supine pull-ups and HR merkins, another #crowdpleaser
Up the stairs to the Bulldog Temple for a 3-minute finisher with sets of seal jacks, starfish jumps, and a couple other exercises, another #seniormoment
Walk, not run #EDBfoul to COT
- A heartfelt THANK YOU to all who donated to support Hope Cancer Ministries‘ Trees of Hope and provide Christmas gifts for six kids whose parents have Cancer. As I mentioned in the PreBlast, the Lord connected us to a ministry in need at just the right time. We hoped to raise $360 in less than 24 hours and the Pax came through with $555 and counting! I heard back from Christine Schroeder, HCM’s Director, and she was extremely thankful for our support. The additional funds will be used to buy Holiday food boxes for several families. Hallpass and Van Winkle are long-time supporters of this great organization that has touched many in our community.
- Today’s theme was #norunning, and I hope my Core brethren appreciated the time off from all that running. Horse and Money are my heroes — let’s make sure the Core beatdowns stay below 2 miles and can accommodate all Pax. I’m planning on another 25 years #belikeHorse. We only covered 0.77 miles today – hopefully you’ll feel it tomorrow.
- Thanks to Foo for another great playlist.
- Twelve Q’s of Christmas continues tomorrow with Eminem’s lead of Splinter Group. He’s matching up to $25 for each contribution to F3 Foundation to support Billingsville and AG programs
- Shatner has the Q on Friday at Atilla for Classroom Central – please bring school supplies!
Thanks for the opportunity to lead the fine men of F3 Core!!!