The week started cold and clear. While it may be a bank and government holiday, 9 strong men adhered to the maxim that Diamondhead takes no days off.
– Carry bells to the frozen tundra, drop em, and take a lap to get the blood flowing
– COP (in cadence except for the swings):
KB swings x20
Mountain Climbers x15
– Take bells to the far sideline for a ladder of KB swings and hand-release merkins (or 22s if you prefer) as follows:
20 swings, run across to other sideline for 2 HR merkins
Decrease swings by 2 and increase HR merkins by 2 until you’ve completed the ladder
– Plank for the six
– Take bells down to Folsom Prison for another ladder:
20 goblet squats, bear crawl across, 20 dips, lunge walk back
Rinse & repeat with 15, 10, and 5 counts of each
– More planks with back to back six inches 10 counts from Noonan and EC
– Suitcase carry up stairs and down ramp x3
– Back to the lot for 4 minutes of Mary: flutter, 5 burpees, Rosalita, Freddie Mercury, Polish Twist
– Great BOM prayer from Tesla at COT to send us forth into our days
– This was YHC’s virgin Q at Diamondhead. While certainly no stranger to Qing at other AOs, the combo of the KB focus and having to fill 45 minutes with only a modest amount of running had YHC nervous over the weekend. What resulted was a simple plan with only a few exercises. Hopefully the Pax still got their money’s worth
– The Rev chastised YHC prior to launch for lacking the appropriate level of enthusiasm required for a DH Q. Not sure if it was from the cold or lack of sleep from a weekend that included the funeral for my M’s grandmother and a sick 2.1, but YHC appreciates the Rev’s motivation
– As usual, the Pax was the target of a great deal of heckling from the Split Endz Pax, who seemed to be taking a couple leisurely laps around the AG track while we were putting in some work
– Bit less mumblechatter than usual without the Nibbler in attendance. Rumors of an UA made the rounds as did many Nibbler impressions of varying quality
– Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Gremlin, a member of the Mint Hill pax who unexpectedly passed away on Saturday. Good reminder of how short our lives are
– Rev mentioned an upcoming FIA convergence to celebrate Ruth Danielson this Friday. Stay tuned for details.
Thanks for the opportunity to lead.