At Saturday’s MIP workout, at the Charlotte Rescue Mission, we had a handful of the faithful and a double handful of new and returning CRM men. We all had a great time together out in the park and roads. Present were O’Shack Hennessey, Daisy, Deer Tick, Marv, Halftime, FNG Chris, FNG Tristan, and FNG Tony. Here is what we did:
- START Stretch shoulders + Hamstring + ITB + belly >> SSH
- Tunnel (2X) Peoples Chair w Air Presses / Donkey Kicks
- Circle Spot 10X/2X countdown + run loop: Plank Jacks / Merkins
- B’ball Court Plank hip slaps / JumpSquats / bird dogs / Rosalitas / dying cockroach / dollies / Rock Hoppers / Reverse Plank heel taps
- Partner Bropee / 1min Plank-situp / Handslap Merkin
- Indian Run Home
- END Stretch shoulders + Hamstring + ITB + belly
A good time was had by all. Our new guys were looking strong, and we had a cool but clear, sunny day to work in. It felt great to be out and busting our chops together, and I think we were all happy for it. The FNGs picked up new names, and so they now are: FNG Chris (aka Astro), FNG Tristan (aka Tobaggon), and FNG Tony (FNG Rerun).
Marv took us out with dignity and grace.
It is always a treat for me to lead this wonderful group of men.
Your Humble Correspondent, Valdez