19 PAX were let off of their leashes and into the fog this morning on a day that epitomized the Gloom. YHC slept terribly last night in anticipation of the Q, but we shook off the cobwebs with some warmup and got straight down to business from there.
Warmed up on the Men’s Shelter porch with some IC work:
SSH x 20
Imperial Walker x 20
Squats x 20
Moseyed to our favorite law office parking lot where we circled up for some merkins (IC) and instructions for phase 1 of the beat down.
Circumnavigate the law office building using various modes of pedestrian transportation
Lunge walk from back corner of the lot to the sidewalk along 15th st.
Bear crawl down 15th street to sidewalk at N. Tryon
Backwards run down N. Tryon (sidewalk) to the entrance to the parking lot.
Broad jump from sidewalk to back corner of the lot.
We did this x3. We looked foolish.
Plank it up for the 6.
Tried to throw the 10 count to Megabus who had achieved zen-like focus on his plank and blocked out all distractions, so Natasha pitched in. Thanks, ‘tasha.
Mosey to the dead end of N. Church street where we partnered up for the next phase of the beat down.
Partner A does mountain climbers while Partner B runs to the streetlight on the other side of the intersection with Liddell and does 10 merkins before running back and switching roles with his partner. Total 150 mountain climbers (double count)/pair.
Commence along similar lines with Partner A doing LBCs and Partner B doing squats under the streetlight. Total 200 LBCs/pair.
Moseyed to the dead end of Liddell where Partner A did flutters while Partner B did a stone carry (rocks selected by partners from the drainage ditch at the end of the street) to the stop sign at N. Church and back. Total 250 flutters (double count)/pair.
Moseyed back to the law office parking lot where we killed the final two minutes with some LBCs, Freddy Mercurys, and Rosalitas (all IC).
Frogger across N. Tryon to the Men’s Shelter parkling lot where we circled it up.
Men’s Shelter annual fundraising breakfast is April 12 from 7:30 to 9:00AM at the Westin uptown. 4 tables of F3 HIMs have already committed, email Pipleline (email@example.com ) if you can join and support.
The Men’s Shelter is looking for volunteers to staff their computer lab and resource center in the evenings. Once again, email Pipeline (email above) if you are interested.
F3 is expanding into West Charlotte with a new Saturday workout beginning March 10.
Slaughter needs help on Monday nights spreading the word of the workout to the Shelter residents at dinner (6pm-7pm). By EH or arm twisting, think he recruited a few Men today but the more the merrier. Only takes 10-15 minutes.
Coffeeteria in the Men’s Shelter dining room following the workout.
- Tclaps to Toolbelt for the uplifting takeout. Toolbelt is establishing himself as a Fortitude regular and his good vibes are infectious.
- It was good to see Kryptonite back out today after losing his sister not long ago. Keep Kryptonite and his family in your prayers as they cope with their loss.
- There were some truly dynamic duos in the Partner portion of today’s workout – old pals (in friendship, not age) Jedi and Kryptonite, Toolbelt and Rev FloRida with solid back and forth banter, and phellow phans Cold Cuts and Slaughter.
- Several Fortitude FNGs today in Cold Cuts and Gas X – thanks for coming out
- Megabus and MC (can we just call him by his real name, Marsha Clark, already?), two recent FNGs, continue to post and push it hard. Iron/Iron.
- Biff is wedding dress shopping.
- Oz shaved.
- Why do I still have such a hard time sleeping before a Q day?
- Coffee in the Men’s Shelter dining room is a must-attend for anyone who can stay a few minute late next week. Some solid 2nd and 3rd F with PAX and other Shelter residents this morning.
- Thanks to everyone who came out this AM – awesome group of Men, I couldn’t have been more honored to lead today.