Mother nature did it again. Looked like a huge percentage chance of rain for this morning, but it pretty much held off the entire time. Was expecting a low turnout this morning, and got exactly that. Here’s what the PAX who apparently melt in the rain missed.
- Mosey to the Metropolitan parking deck stairs
- 5 merkins at the bottom, up to the top for 5 sumo jump squats, back to the bottom
- 10 merkins at the bottom, up to the top for 10 sumo jump squats, back to the bottom
- 15 merkins at the bottom, up to the top for 15 sumo jump squats, back to the bottom
- 20 merkins at the bottom, up to the top for 20 sumo jump squats, back to the bottom
- A few SSHs as we waited for Tubeless to finish up
- Mosey to the Target deck
- Up the stairs to the top for 5 burpees
- Run across the deck to the other stairs and down
- Mosey back to the lot to pick up the late crowd
- COP (SSH x 15 IC, Merkins x 15 IC hold, MC x 15 IC hold, Plank Jack x 15 IC
- Right out of the lot, right on Baxter, and head up to Cherry Park playground
- 10 pull ups and 20 dips (3 rounds)
- Left on Luther and head down to the Metropolitan parking deck
- Run the ramps backwards and the flats forwards to the top, stopping at EVERY turn for 5 hand release merkins
- Mary at the top waiting on the 6
- Head down the stairs to the bottom and partner up
- Partner carry the stairs to the top
- Partner wheelbarrow the stairs to the top.
- One more solo trip to the top of the stairs followed by 5 burpees, then back to the bottom
- Mary waiting on the 6
- Mosey to the Target Deck and head over to the long double ramp for 11s
- DOUBLE COUNT jumping lunges at the top, and burpees at the bottom (oof!)
- Across the bottom of the deck to the stairs, up to the top and down the opposite stairs
- Head back to lot for COT
Arrived this morning, expecting low numbers, and then a strange car pulled into the lot about 5:10. Tubeless was in town on business from the Apex area, and decided to check out The Tank. Ice 9 soon pulled into the lot. He is smarter than most may give him credit for, as he decided to skip Sweet Six in the forecasted rain and do a full body workout. YHC had planned to stay mostly in the parking decks this morning based on the expectation of monsoon rain. Pretty much stuck to the plan, other than an early audible to head over to the Cherry Park playground. When Doobie is present, pull ups are a must, and YHC likes to include them whenever possible. They are such a crowd-pleaser. Although we only had 3 for the EC, it was not lacking excitement. Not only did we have Tubeless visiting and stepping up for the EC, Ice 9 spilled more than merlot, and did his best Charlie Brown impersonation coming down the Target deck stairs. You know the one where Lucy pulls the football away at the last second, and he flies into the air and then lands directly on his back. Best we could figure, the folks that cleaned the stairs must have used something containing bleach. You could certainly smell bleach, so the stairs were crazy slick. Probably not a bad idea to use bleach in that stairwell, based on some of the items we see left in there from time to time. Based on the sound he made, we thought he might have been really hurt. But not Ice 9. He bounced up, grunted a few times, and said he was good. He probably has some cracked ribs, but he just kept going(#trooper). My man Thrust has been really working hard as of late, and he has gotten sneaky fast. The guy was out front all day yesterday at Ranger (and did all the exercises), and continued to do the same today. Nice work brother! The 11s with the jumping lunges are likely going to hurt for a couple of days. (Ouch). Everyone can thank Ice 9 for the 3 minutes of extra credit. He insisted that we stop to do more exercises on the way back to home base, so we stopped for some dips waiting on the 6. He was a real chatter box all morning after the EC spill. He said he didn’t hit his head, but I’m not so sure.
Good to have Tubeless visiting from Apex. Thanks to Ice 9 for a powerful takeout.
Always an honor.