11 men got their weekend off to a good start at Sparta on this cold (25 degrees) but beautiful morning.
Here’s what went down:
- Mosey to bottom of hill – 5 burpees (what, no warmup?)
- Run back to top – 5 burpees
- Mosey back down and run to entrance of Tramp Stamp Park (or butterfly park? not sure on the Sparta-approved lingo although I like Tramp Stamp) for COP
- SSH’s x 20 IC
- squats x 15 IC
- merkins x 15 IC
- Mosey to the gazebo at the middle of the park
- 15 dips IC
- 15 derkins IC
- 10 step ups each leg
- Elmhurst run to Lawndale stopping at each street light for 10 sumo squat jumps
- Partner up ; run opposite ways on Elmhurst, Lawndale, Ardmore loop
- round 1: 10 handslap merkins when partners meet and again at starting point ; plank for the 6
- round 2: 10 handslap merkins, 20 partner situps each; plank for the 6
- round 3: 10 handslap merkins, 20 partner situps each; 20 leg throws each (a little overboard on the leg throws)
- Run back to Sedgefield track, hop the fence for some Mary (LBCs and Russian Twists)
- Merkin mile (20, 15, 10, 5)
- Mary for the 6 and take it home.
Good group this morning and quite a bit of mumblechatter at the beginning. Usual suspects leading the way with Nabisco and Red Fox. Also, a couple of new faces for me (Shredder and Teaser Pony) – nice to meet you. I was caught off guard when Doobie asked me to Q last week – I am fairly new to Sparta (and not familiar with the neighborhood) and the Sparta crew is tough and fast so as the day got closer, I got more and more anxious about leading a good workout for this group. I hope it turned out okay.
Nothing about the title of this backblast relates to the backblast other than the 21st anniversary of Biggie’s death today.
New workout launches this Saturday (3/10) at Revolution Park 0700.
Good luck to Thin Slice in the Corporate Cup 1/2 marathon tomorrow. Shooting for 1:26 – consensus this morning is that he would crush that.
Thanks to Red Fox on the take out.
Thanks to Doobie and Slice for the opportunity. Hope to do it again.