8 men gathered at the Elizabeth Traditional lot, and as the clock struck 7:00, looked around for a leader. Finding none, we instead found 8.
The Thang (a rough recollection):
- Mosey to the Rose Garden for some COP, which included:
- Merkins (by a shockingly-svelte Tackleberry);
- Step-Ups OYO (it’s a real exercise, and spared Razorback some cadence-counting);
- Imperial Walkers (Karate-Kid style, at least by Freeloader);
- Mountain Climbers;
- Mosey back to the Indy playground, with Film Festival leading some circuits of:
- Burpees (or the newly-famous “deconstructed burpee” that somehow incorporates a squat?) at the top of the lot;
- Mosey to the Castle, where we ignored the “Do Not Enter” Crime-Scene Tape and moseyed to the top for some Mary;
- Run down the Castle’s parking-deck levels;
- Indian Run around Memorial Stadium (well most of the way);
- To the Elizabeth Hill and up (allegedly there were some workouts in the crosswalks, but YHC having skipped those to the point of not really even remembering what was called for);
- Some Mary in the grass in front of Novant (which Double Eagle apparently assured us was “public property”);
- To the new mini-deck near the shovel-flag for some merkins and Wojos (#GTHD #GDTBATH);
- Back to the lot until the church-bells rang (on Razorback’s iPhone at least).
The Pax got in 3.5 miles and a good bit of work, despite a whole lot of levity and relaxed atmosphere as we cycled through Q’s almost by the exercise. It was classic Indy: lots of mumble-chatter (what would be without Double Eagle?); and there were occasions when it sounded as if #HE might have been there (channeled by Longboat during some cadence-calling).
Great seeing everyone.