A dozen men at the start were joined by a LIFO to make a lucky 13 on a fine Saturday morning at week 2 of The Revolution.
Lap around the Panthers field and then to the 50-yard line for an extended COP:
- SSHs x20, 10 burpees on your own (OYO)
- IWs x20, 9 burpees OYO
- Copperhead Squats x20, 8 burpees OYO
- Alternating Lunges x20, 7 burpees OYO
- Mountain Climbers x20, 6 burpees OYO
- LBCs x20, 5 burpees OYO
- Peter Parkers x20, 4 burpees OYO
- Heels to Heaven x20, 3 burpees OYO
- Parker Peters x20, 2 burpees OYO
- ??? x20, 1 burpee OYO
Mosey past baseball fields along the trail to the corner of West Blvd & Barringer. Line up along a perfect short wall for GAAP-Style Step Up’s – one foot stays on the wall throughout all the reps for some extra “time under tension”. 10R, 10L, rinse & repeat.
Bear crawl around a 40-45 yard loop 3x with an exercise after each completed loop: 20 merkins, 15 wide-arms, 10 diamonds. Curly led some exercises while waiting for the Six.
Mosey back down the trail and hang a right at the bottom of the grassy hill behind the baseball fields for a Jacob’s Ladder – run to the top of the hill do 1 burpee, run back to bottom and then to top adding a burpee each time to finish with 7 burpees. Curly led a few more exercises for the Six.
Mosey to the rails for 10 supine pullups (in cadence), a quick rest and 10 supine chinups (IC).
Mosey back to the Panthers field and line up along the goal line for BLIMPS (Burpees, Lunges, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, Plank Jacks, Squats). Start with 10 burpees, run 15 yards between exercises, add 5 reps for next exercise, and finish with 35 squats and then bear crawl 25 yards to to the end zone and plankorama for the Six. Lunge walk back to the 50-yard line for a couple more exercises before time was called.
- Revolution is billed as an FNG-friendly workout, but since it was a veteran crew out there this morning no need to go easy – YHC is still sore 48 hours later. – the Q’adrenaline gets me every time!
- Curly and Steroid were out front all day long and the Pax gave it everything they had this morning including Carrier (my Doppelgänger) and Valdese, both crushing it less than a year away from Double Respect!
- Great to see Feel Good back for the 2nd week of Revolution. He missed COP, but saw us off in the distance on the hill, and joined us during the Jacob’s Ladder. He’s a hard commit for next week and plans to bring his 17-year old nephew who is on the Butler football team.
- Good 2ndF during the workout and at Cofeeteria at Einstein’s Bagels.
- Nice takeout by Kit who thanked Carrier for leading a great workout – all us old balding guys look alike!
- Revolution Park is one of the best AO’s in the Metro, and we’ve only sampled a few of the many options it has to offer. In order to grow this workout, we all need to build relationships in the community and make personal invitations to men who may need F3, but they just don’t know it yet. A new Pax member, who has posted 3x so far, texted me yesterday, “Thanks again for introducing me to F3. Having a Blast!” and he has already headlocked his 20something son. I first tried headlocking him more than a year ago and just happened to mention F3 when we ran into each other at a networking lunch. #ABH
- Speaking of Community Events, Curly’s Sunday School class is hosting a Community Meal on Friday, April 20th for QC Family Tree, at 5:30pm on Friday, April 20th at 2910 Parkway Avenue. SwingState will be providing his award winning BBQ, and this will be a great way to break bread with our Queen City neighbors on the westside.
- Pipeline mentioned some other events as well, but the iPhone microphone failed to pick up the details. Please post info in comments below.
It was an honor to lead the fine men of The Revolution!