RopeADope doesn’t like to run. So it’s a shocker that I took the group off campus for a run.
What isn’t a shocker is I got everyone lost. Luckily I’m a typical millennial and I brought my phone so I could play Pokemon Go while running.
Standard Rev. Flo Rida warmup.
Mosey to bridge and grab a rock and some wall space for 3 rounds of:
- Hammer Curl x 15
- Tricep Extension x 15
- Donkey Kicks x 15
- People’s chair for push press x 15?
Mosey West along the greenway, cutting through the golf course doing:
- Indian Run
- Stop for some core
- Catch Me if You Can (3 different sets each w/ different exercise)
- Karaoke Runs
- Shuffle Runs
The intent was to end at a park near Clanton Rd., but timing looked tight and I couldn’t find the exact park I wanted – so we stopped short in Clanton Park at Barringer Elementary for a round of 7s (pullups and step ups).
Mosey back to intersection of Barringer Dr. and greenway. Muster up with the Pax for a 10 count. Head home along Barringer Dr., stopping at every intersection for an exercise in the Merkin family tree (wide arms, normal, stagger, diamond etc.)
Back to the field with 3 minutes to spare, so we did a pyramid burpees on the field – increasing reps by 1 every 5 yards.
- AG is taking donations for field restoration. F3 started there 7 years ago, so it would be nice for F3 to play a significant role in donations. Here’s the link to donate.
- Have you Q’d lately? Revolution is one of the best AO’s in Charlotte. Sign up to Q solo or split with someone if you aren’t comfortable. Here’s the signup to Q.
- Don’t forget, when you do Q – post a backblast and tweet it out! If you don’t have access, send it to RopeADope or Pipeline and we’ll get it on the site for you.
- Side Bar/Note for future Qs: The Greenway and Barringer Dr. are both VERY well shaded, but there isn’t much along the way – so plan for lots of bodyweight exercises. Otherwise, it’s a beautiful place to run/ride.