14 men not named Doobie braved the drizzle this morning to get their Wednesday started off right.
Straight shot to the mega deck utilizing the scenic route past the meat wagon drop off.
Tabata time! 20s on 10s off for 8 rounds. Alternating between tuck merkins and jump squats.
The main event: Partner up for a scissor up 9 floors of the mega deck with sets of partner plank jump-over burpees at the mid-point on each floor. Start with 8 reps and drop 1 each floor on the way up.
Tabata time Part II: worked our way through the PAX letting 8 lucky ones pick their favorite mary.
Mosey back and head down the hill on Loop Rd.
Tabata time Part III: RL Barishnikovs, burpees, LL Barishnikovs, wide arms, squats, left side plank, right side plank, burpees.
Backwards up the hill and mosey back to the corner of East.
5 burpees OYO then AYG back home.
- Foxx and Paula appeared out the woods already panting and short of breath before the launch. Mariah suggested a little bit of the 4th F was going on (amiright…), but luckily they still had enough stamina to go the distance.
- While it’s somewhat of a running joke that Doobie never comes to my Q’s, I’m very thankful that he didn’t show up today as he would have thrown off our partner numbers.
- Between the stale air and the stench in the mega deck today, it was basically a work out in a porta-john
- Foxx was grumpy that he only got 36 burpees during the main event, so he decided to insult the Q by skipping the Barishnikovs in lieu of more burpees
- Definitely some grumblings as I pulled out the tabata timer, but I know those with a true appreciation for form over speed like CT were smiling on the inside
- Good to have Sump out there today to meet a lot of the Bandit PAX. I forget the official title (drop it in the comments if you recall), but he’s kind of a big deal. Probably has many leather bound books and a house that smells of rich mahogany.
- Thanks for the take out by Girardi.