10 men got after it and got faster at SIBling Rivalry this week
5-4-3-2-1 minute intervals with half the run interval time as rest. After the 1 minute run interval, rest 2 minutes then climb that ladder back up 1-2-3-4 minutes, with same rest convention – half the time of the prior interval.
Some finished with 15x 6-inch toe tappers IC, 10x single leg “deadlifts” OYO- weak leg.
- The track was empty when I arrived at 5:25 – locked out! – track gates chained and padlocked. Closed for field maintenance
- Deertick had scouted the Water Oak-Linda-Walker-Judith rectangle (~1/2 mile) just outside RMS and the planned workout was time-based, not distance-based, so everything fell into place, no need to hop the fence
- Broke out the workout handout (suggested pace chart) just as Sump ran up to the group. Relative to your recent mile time, pace increased from roughly 5K pace for the 5 minute interval to well inside of mile pace for the 1 , minute interval. Sump didn’t bring his reading glasses and was not happy about the font size
- Voodoo and High Tide showed up in their fancy electric car from Area 51. It’s my understanding these two frequent a workout called “Meathead” which (apparently) is like Diamondhead, only with less running. Great to see them crossing the DMZ to post at SIBling Rivalry
- Neon reflective Area 51 shirts (2018 edition) are available – act soon before they sell out
- Numbers down a bit this week, could be the holiday hangover, the 100% humidity, or maybe the fear the Q would call 300 merkins somehow
- Oswald’s 40th birthday post – no one brought cake, beer or firecrackers unfortunately – Happy Birthday, Oswald
- Saw Spooky out doing his own thing – GOMR taper
- OBT crushed the takeout, shirtless
Always an honor to lead.