10 nice guys showed up to a hot and gross workout
- Mosey to the Y parking deck, up to the top for a quick warmup COP
- Back down to Lexington, then fast mosey down Lexington to Myrtle and up to Mt. Vernon. Quick stop for the 6 then another mile to the Scott/Kenilworth wedge
- Partner up and zipper up to East, stopping on the dead presidents streets for 10 handslap merkins then back down to the start
- Repeato with partner derkins for round 2
- Head back up Romany to Dilworth, partner carry up Dilworth to Mt. Vernon
- Mosey back to COT to round out our 4.5 mile bootcamp
- The last two weeks PWW has had FNG’s show up, both weeks the FNG’s held their own despite the best efforts of the Q’s. Today we welcomed Dave from Boston via South Bend [now named “Catfish”] Dredd took advantage of the 45 minutes and learned every intimate detail of this man’s life and repeated it back to us during COT. He claimed there was a leadership lesson in there somewhere, but the PAX thought it a little creepy. Anyway Catfish was strong today, as was the rest of the Pax.
- You ever have one of the those Q’s where you dream up what you’re going to do, feel good about your plan, then when you start doing it you realize you may have bitten off way more than you can chew… yeah me neither.
- We almost made an impromptu stop at AC’s on Mt. Vernon for a little cannonball action. It would have felt great today.
- I think I may have inadvertently #metoo’d a nice woman walking down Dilworth Rd during our partner carry segment. Her pace definitely quickened. Lady, if you’re reading, this I apologize.
- Great to be back in Metro, enjoyed the beginning and end of this workout, but not the part in the middle
Check out the SFN 4 miler on 4th of July. Its a great thing to do and word on the street is that there may be some actual racing going on
On a personal note, a neighbor of mine was on a trip with a bunch of students in Argentina yesterday when they were involved in a pretty bad bus crash. He’s now in a medically induced coma in a hospital in Argentina. His wife left this morning to be with him. Please pray for him, his wife, and his two young girls. They’re scared and could use all the prayers you can muster.