21 — how ’bout ya’? — men gathered at Charlotte Rescue Mission to get better. Here’s what they did, and didn’t do.
YHC eyeballed this beauty a block away on the drive in, and had all kinds of ideas and inspiration. (World’s worst GoRuck?)
… but decided instead to go for the metaphorical:
- We warmed up – 0 to 60 – to Ke$ha and PitBull’s Timber, alternating through a few lyric-guided exercises:
- Hold plank position, drop for a Merkin at each lyric of “Timber” or “Goin’ Down;”
- Perform SSH, Air-Raid drop at each of the same cues;
- Perform SSH, Squat at each of the same cues.
- If you’re counting, a total of 36 “Timber/Down’s”
- Mosey to park’s lot for some COP, which included:
- Imperial Walkers
- Jog to bridge, lunge over the bridge and to the Memorial Park;
- Partner up, one partner runs the steps-4th St. Ext.-ramp back down loop, while other performs:
- Sump Jump Squats
- Jog to soccer field area for some Mary
- Jog home with your partner, doing lunge-walks, then mosey, then backwards mosey up the hill.
- Welcome to FNG’s Will (27, “Tiny Umbrella”) and Larry (58, “Watchman”). Great to be out with ya’ll, as always.
- Next week, same bat time, same bat channel.