13 men were checking their watches at 7:00 wondering if the Q would ever arrive…at 7:01 the Pax totaled 14 and off we went.
Mosey to the best artificial turf field in the Metro, turn on the tunes, and circle up at the pristine Panthers Logo for COP: SSH’s x20, Imperial Walkers x20, Copperhead Squats x20, Copperhead Merkins x20, Heels to Heaven x20
Mosey under the bridge to the golf course and lunge walk for a bit, until AC/DC sang out: For Those About to Rock, We Salute You. The Pax each selected their favorite rock from Revolution Park’s creek-side rock pile. Carry rocks overhead to the picnic area pavilion for six stations of exercises, all performed with your rock. Each station consisted of a modified Tabata (40 seconds exercise, 20 seconds rest for 4 minutes) for 4 sets of each exercise before we switched stations:
- GAAP Up’s w/ Rock (Step-ups, except keep one foot on wall for all reps, 20 seconds right leg, 20 seconds left leg)
- Louganis’ w/ Rock (Sit-ups with overhead rock press)
- Rock Squats
- Rock Plank Jacks (Plank jacks with at least one hand on your rock)
- One Legged Rock Deadlifts (switching legs after 20 seconds)
- Glute Bridge w/ Rock (Shoulders on bench/wall; press rock up with hips)
After first two rounds run the perimeter of the football field with some backward running about 1/3 of the way around. After 2 more rounds, bear crawl down the hill to the field, sprint to the 50 yard line and back, then backward bear crawl back up the hill. Plank for the six.
Return rocks to where we found them carrying overhead all the way. Head back to the picnic pavillion with some railwalks and bear crawls along the way. Plank for the six.
With 5 minutes to go, mosey back to the field and line up on the goal line for a few burpees. Run to the 10-yard line and do 1 burpee, to the 20-yard line for 2 burpees, increasing 1 rep every 10 yards and finishing with 10 burpees at the far end of the field. For those that finished, it was 55 burpees in less than 5 minutes – Revolution Strong!
- We had a specially curated playlist (see below) to accompany the workout, but it took about 3 songs before the common theme of the eclectic playlist was identified by the Pax – every song had “Rock” in its title. The pain of the rock stations were offset by some classic rock tunes, some oldies (but goodies!), and even a couple songs that were produced after Rope-A-Dope was born. The tough to please hate-hate, even offered a nod of approval when Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It started playing, “reminds me of middle school!”
- Great work by all this morning, but a special shout-out to FNG Vacation who carried no shame when he selected what looked like a 50+ pounder. The Pax were impressed!
- It’s been great to get to know the men of the Charlotte Chapter of Black Men Run, several of whom have become our F3 brothers. Please welcome FNG’s Vacation (Darius Moore, has about 5 jobs!) and DuPont (Shaun Anthony, originally from Wilmington, DE). Also great to have 2-year Kotter Hootie back out to an F3 workout as well. Make sure to be at Revolution to support Rex Kwon Do’s VQ on November 10th!
- Special thanks to Vacation for suggesting we visit Duck Donuts this week for coffeeteria…great 2ndF and strong carbs!
- Turkey Drive for the Rescue Mission – Goal is 650 turkeys by 7am on November 10th…rumor has it that Carrier will once again do 1 burpee per turkey. If possible, please deliver your turkey to the Rescue Mission. More details in hyperlink.
- Speaking of the Rescue Mission, all are welcome to the weekly Mission I’m Possible workout, every Saturday at 9am…great back-up plan if you miss the 7am workouts, and also a great double-down opportunity.
- P.U.B. Run – Weekly Monday night run that launches at 6:30pm from Ultra Running Co (South End location on West Blvd near Camden). Black Men Run co-hosts the weekly group run and there are 1/3/5 mile options. Pop-the-Top Craft Beer shop and Blaze Pizza co-sponsor along with Ultra Running Co. FNG’s get a free beer and every week you have a chance to win a pizza!
- Rock You Like a Hurricane – Scorpions
- I Wanna Rock – Twisted Sister
- For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) – AC/DC
- Rock the Casbah – The Clash
- We Will Rock You – Queen
- Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It – Dem Franchize Boyz (feat. Peanut & Charlay)
- I Wanna Rock – Snoop Dog
- Rock Around the Clock – Bill Haley & His Comets
- Jailhouse Rock – Elvis Presley
- Rock Island Line – Johnny Cash
- Crocodile Rock – Elton John
- And the Cradle Will Rock – Van Halen
- Rock and A Hard Place – The Rolling Stones
- Rockin’ in the Free World – Neil Young
- R.O.C.K. In the USA (A Salute to 60’s Rock) – John Mellencamp
Honored to lead the fine men of Revolution!