8 men got the F after it at their friendly neighborhood Combine this week. This is what we done did:
Carry bells to DES playground
Up Cycle (complete one set of 3 exercises with escalating amounts each round, starting with 1 pull-up, 2 thrusters, 3 swings … then 2 pull-ups, 4 thrusters, 6 swings … etc., etc.):
- Pull-Ups 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
- KB Thrusters 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20
- 2H Swings 3-6-9-12-15-18-21-24-27-30
10 chgerkins – 20 sumo squats – 30 LBCs when you finish
Mosey to bottom of Myrtle – AYG up (or whatever Cut Me Mick did #notrunning)
Down Cycle (reverse of above, with deescalating amounts each round):
- 2H Swings 30-27-24-21-18-15-12-9-6-3
- Push Presses (½L- ½R) 20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2
- Knees to Elbows 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
30 LBCs – 20 sumo squats – 10 chgerkins when you finish
Mosey to bottom of Myrtle – AYG up (or whatever Cut Me Mick did)
10 burpees #symmetry
Welcome to the Party, Pal! F3 Raleigh’s own Cut Me Mick has been anxiously waiting a whole week to join us at Combine. He took some time off from helping his daughters this week to get a legit Metro workout this morning (single clap, double bird to YHC), though he admittedly didn’t get the full experience with a relatively low mumblechatter crowd in attendance and limited running today. Probably best to leave that trifecta – along with some workout music – to Core … and possibly Sweeper Boy. Apparently, CMM is a legit writer (https://www.amazon.com/John-Sean-Doyle/e/B07B381BST/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1) and former professor who writes and teaches about gratitude and positive psychology driven by his belief in the goodness of people: I mean, it was like he was made for Combine, the cursing, irreverent, love-child of batflipping Metro! Seriously, he appeared to be an actual, honest-to-goodness #HIM, and we were happy to host him this morning, though Sauerkraut remains deeply disappointed that CMM is not a romance novelist. #ThereIsStillTime
Good Lawd, Is That “Death Pyramid” Music?! That was indeed a veritable suckfest. Thank goodness this wasn’t in July or there would have been some #merlot spilled. Personal watch fail so I didn’t get to see my HR stats today, but I would imagine it was hovering somewhere between 250 – 7,000 bpm for most of the workout. I essentially bonked on the first AYG up Myrtle and felt an actual Ice-9 coming during the second one (false alarm thankfully). P.S. Where was Ice? And Stinger, who HC’d? At least, STH showed up to his own workout so we had that going for us. Caesar tried unsuccessfully to veer the Q from this ordeal but I wasn’t having any of it…just like FOTL wasn’t having any of the math.
- Runners still wanted for the Teal Dive 5k tomorrow. 8:30 launch from “the Hall of Fame” (presumably, the “NASCAR Hall of Fame” but there may not be another one of any consequence so additional descriptors may be superfluous). Sign up at the race or online (https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Charlotte/TealDiva5kCLT4thAnnual).
- If anyone is interested in joining a Time Laps 24 Hour Relay team next weekend at the Whitewater Center (for the full 24 hours or even a mere slice of it #3HourRelay), reach out to Fortenberry via, uh, yelling very loudly I guess or via the Comments section below (as if anyone does that anymore).
Thanks to STH for letting me take the Q wheel this week – and to Caesar for a solid take out. Thoughts and prayers to all mothers, current, future and past, this weekend.
—Lee (yes, finally posting a backblast, #QDuties)
“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling