Like this past weekend, I expected to be working out in the rain this morning, but Larry Sprinkle and the boys were wrong again. Although the humidity percentage had to 99.99%. Sounds like many of the normal Phoenix crew were not in attendance this morning. You missed a dandy.
- Quick mosey to DES playground for the following circuit. Completed 3 times by all.
- 10 pull ups
- 20 dips
- Left out of the playground down the school lot to Euclid for 10 burpees.
- Down Euclid to Berkeley for 20 merkins.
- Down Berkeley to Myrtle for 30 squats.
- Up Myrtle and back to the school lot for 40 LBCs.
- Mary waiting on the 6.
- Mosey to Romany. Down Romany with 5 diamonds at each cross street, stopping at the Scott/Kenilworth Wedge. (7 stops)
- Mary waiting on the 6.
- At the bottom, 10 shoulder tap merkins and 10 sumo jump squats. Up Scott all the way to East for 10 burpees and 10 double count flutters. Back down Scott to the Wedge.
- At the bottom, 10 shoulder tap merkins and 10 sumo jump squats. Up Kenilworth all the way to East for 10 burpees and 10 double count flutters. Back down Kenilworth to the Wedge.
- Head for home when complete.
- Stopped at guardrail near goofy yellow art piece for 10 dips and 10 derkins waiting on the 6.
- Mosey back on the path through the woods to the pavilion for COT.
So last week, I decided to hit The Phoenix for the first time in many moons. Doobie led a solid beat down. Seemed like a good call to return the favor and lead this week. Based on time constraints, 2 rounds of the first circuit would have been ideal. We did have about 2 minutes of overtime. But hey, that’s better than having to fill the last 5 minutes with something lame. Good mix of everything today, as well as some solid hill time and somewhere in the 4.2 range on mileage. Those trips up Scott and Kenilworth seemed to last forever while breathing in the muck we had for air this morning. Not a lot of mumble chatter to be heard. Breathing was hard enough on it’s own. Although, I did particularly enjoy hearing Skyline make fun of Doobie’s squat form, while only doing 3 pull ups and then performing some type of jumping pull ups at one point during the circuit. Skyline does have the best neck up form in all of Metro. (#nocontest) Skyline was almost bat flipping today. Not going all the way to East Blvd from the wedge. Heading back to Latta Park when he felt like it, and taking whatever route he wanted. Doing squats and various other exercises when it suited him. Of course, all workouts are better with a bat flipper or two. Good to see Bermuda Boy today, and loved his self deprecating term for himself. F’ing Fat New Guy. I guess he’s been MIA for a while. He didn’t look like he had lost much to me. Fake News was a Phoenix FNG today. He has amazing visor hair like yours truly.
Thanks for the keys Pate.
Always an honor.