6 Ring Run regulars started off Tuesday strong.
- Mosey from the church to the speed bump at bottom of hill on Malvern, 10 merkins IC, and hard to the top of the hill
- Recovery mosey for a few seconds and then 1 minute hard down Sharon, recovery for 30 seconds and another minute hard to Chilton
- Partner up
- Partner 1 runs up Sharon to MPCC tennis entrance, while Partner 2 does rotation of 10 merkins, 10 squats, 20 LBC’s; Then switch
- Repeat up Chilton (add on 20 Russian Twists); Repeat opposite way up Sharon to Briarcliff
- Jog back up Sharon to original speed bump on Malvern and plank. AYG to the top of Malvern, back down; AYG backwards to the top of Malvern, back down; AYG to the top of Malvern, back down
- Mosey to the corner and AYG back to the AO.
I was in a Ring Run Q rut on Monday night, kept coming back to the same old plans – run down Roswell, merkins at each speed bump, some hills, blah blah blah. On my drive in this morning, I thought I’d check out that section of Sharon so I did my warm up run on that road. Still wasn’t sure what we’d do, but went with it. Simple yet effective. Each of those stretches (Sharon – MPCC; up Chilton; Sharon to Briarcliff) are sneaky little hills and longer than they seem like they should be. And then tack on that Malvern hill for some more pain. It earned a 9 on A&H’s creativity scale…not so sure about that, but I’m going to take that as a positive. Total of around 4 miles.
Announcements: Convergence plus American 4 Miler with Speed for Need on July 4.
Thanks to Paula for the thoughtful, well said (rehearsed?) take out.
Thanks to Tardy for the opportunity. I always enjoy getting out there with this crew.
Foul Ball next week.