Great group of 4 ruckers and 10 kettlebells making themselves better this morning. Fun session today, with Rev coming up with a great playlist, and guys like Pitino coming out for their first Diamondhead workout. It was a sweatfest as is typical in July and early August. More to come on that.
Standard stuff, directly in the parking lot.
- SSH x 25
- Imperial Walkers X 15 (good for the torso and hips prior to swings)
- Slow squats X 15
- Merkins x 15
- Mountain climbers x 15
- Flutters x 15
- Some LBCs (I think)
Swings – need to get the blood flowing
- 30 KB swings
- 15 Squat press (two handed) with Bell
- 10 Snatches each arm (where is Nibbler, this is his flow)
- 15 single arm swings each arm
Mosey to Track:
- Partner up – catch me if you can where Partner 1 takes off with farmers carries around the track while Partner 2 drops and does 15 Merkins, then sprints to catch up with him. Once you catch him then reverse roles. Do one lap of this.
- Some quick Mary, then some merkins and some swings.
- Next round – Partner 1 runs a lap while Partner 2 does Swings, Squat presses, and Flutters. Some quick Mary to let everyone catch up.
- Next round – Partner 1 does a 150 yard farmer carry to back end of track while Partner 2 runs opposite way. Meet up, do some swings and merkins to let the Pax catch up, then reverse back to original location.
Mgrate to the top of Parking Lot.
- From here Partner 1 runs to top of stairs behind Folsom Prison, while Partner 2 does swings until he returns. Say hello to the good fellas from Split Ends who are also on the stairs with us.
- Once back in Parking lot decide to have Partner 1 run to track by bleachers and do dips (to get out of the way of Split Ends) while Partner 2 does snatches.
- Gather back at Lot and from there do a steady 1 lap run around the track. Some guys took a longer route but we all ended up in same locale.
- Time about 6:12 – so end with some Mary and a finale of Tricep extensions.
- This should have been a good uVu. If you pushed it on the runs or farmers carries it gave you more time to get back to your bell for more swings and squat.
Boom goes the dynamite!!!
- It was steamy out, but something tells me it will get hotter and more humid over the next few weeks.
- 2 Pax went shirtless (GAAP and YHC), and this is not your typical bearded millennial workout. It was worth it with the humidity, and assuming you can control the workout (no grass or dirt Mary) it is a logical idea summer, as your workout shirts don’t go bad as quick. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I skinned off was b/c my shirt was 3 workouts past retirement. I threw it away.
- Pitino is a stud. I asked him to a lead a future workout, he said he’d never been to DH, I said come out Monday and dude is there. Get’s it done with no drama. Btw, shout out to Roaring Riot tailgate!!!
- Great to see Ribeye and Norwood getting it done as well. Ribeye with the glasses, coming in like Ben Franklin.
- I’m always amazed when I see Noonan, who looks like a runner, swinging the 35 pounder. That is stealth strong. Of course, the original country strong is Skoal Bandit, you gotta watch his feats of strength. And then we have Eminem, who is Noonan’s idle.
- GAAP and Rev crushed it this morning. And I loved Rev’s playlist w some 400 unit and, was it Dokken?
- Great to see Van Winkle out with the Ruckers, while Sharona, Blue Tornado and Lelane set the clock for Monday at 5:30am.
- Will leave anything funny said during the workout to the comments. I was going to show that video from Along Came Polly, shirts vs skins b-ball game, in this post. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.
- Always an honor to lead this fine group!!!
- MIP on Saturdays – believe they had 30 this past week. For all, this is a shout out to get a workout or session going outside of yourself.